Hair loss can be a source of significant anxiety and stress for those men and women who struggle with it in their daily lives. The hair on the back of the scalp is privileged in terms of growth throughout one’s life. That hair, sometimes referred to as the “friar tuck”, is almost always present even in the most severe cases of baldness. Transferring this hair to areas of baldness provides a permanent solution for hair loss, leaving you feeling confident with a full head of hair!
Alan Chen Surgical Associates is proud and excited to offer the newest and most cutting edge technique for hair transplantation that provides fantastic and reliable results.
After much research, we have chosen to offer the Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) method utilizing the NeoGraft®Automated Hair Transplantation system. The FUE method of hair transplantation removes individual hair follicles from the scalp in their naturally occurring groupings of about 1-3 hairs and are then placed in the areas of the scalp where balding has occurred.
The Neograft hair transplantation system is a revolutionary technique that lessens the discomfort and recovery time of hair transplantation significantly. By selectively removing hair follicles from the posterior scalp without the need for any incisions this procedure eliminates the possibility of linear scars and can be performed in a single day within our office. Recovery time is incredibly short with this minimally invasive technique allowing patients to return to their daily lives in a fraction of the time needed with the less superior “strip method.”
The best candidates for this surgery are men and women with bald patches or thinning hair who want a permanent solution and still have hair growth on the sides and/or back of their heads.
Although hair transplantation has been an effective and reliable option for decades; less superior techniques require the surgical removal of a strip of skin and hair from the back of the head with transfer of those follicles to the problem areas. This will leave a permanent linear scar that can be noticeable even when the hair grows back, or with short hair cuts. Additionally, there are risks of the procedure such as infection, nerve damage, bleeding and pain that can affect the final outcome and overall satisfaction. For these reasons, we at Alan Chen Surgical Associates selected NeoGraft!
Reasons Why The NeoGraft®Procedure Is The Solution:
- It is the least invasive procedure for hair transplantation
- Natural looking results.
- Patients who receive the NeoGraft®procedure feel little to no discomfort
- No stitches or staples are used in the NeoGraft®
- No unsightly linear scar
- Flexibility for any hair style of your choice, short or long
- Shorter recovery time -patients can typically go back to work the next day
- Fewer restrictions on your normal daily activities.
Benefits of NeoGraft Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) Method:
- FUE hair transplant is a very safe, minimally invasive, relatively minor procedure
- Minimal bleeding and fewer complications than with the “strip” method
- Procedure is performed with local anesthetic and no intravenous or intra-muscular sedation is required
- Patients experience minimal discomfort, no scalpel incision, no sutures, no linear scar and quick recovery times
- And Many More!
Call our office to schedule a consultation today!